Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yum-O: Simple Chicken & Pasta

Lately I've been trying to do more things with myself--I hardly spend alone time anymore that's not academically related. In an attempt to get back to me, I decided to cook myself dinner. I adore food but even more importantly I love preparing food. Cooking is one of my favorite escapes. So anyway, I called my Mom to get a figure-friendly chicken recipe and she reminded me of one of the easiest and yummiest. I decided to make enough to eat for dinner and then take some for lunch sometime this week. The recipe doesn't really have a name. But here's the jist of it...

  • 2 Chicken Breasts (seasoned w/ fresh garlic, seasoned salt, and various Italian seasonings)
  • Brown both sides of the chicken in a cast-iron skillet w/ olive oil
  • After both sides are brown'd, put tomato, red onion, bell pepper, scallions (seasoned with salt/pepper) in the skillet. 
  • Place the skillet in the oven at 350. Cook until chicken is completely cooked. 
  • Serve the chicken/roasted veggies over a single serving of whole wheat pasta
  • While in the oven, the olive oil/veggie make a sauce of sorts. 


The dinner was soooo good. The perfect serving. I'm not too full. Just satisfied. I love cooked vegetables and this was just so easy to make. Plus its just so pretty to look at. I'm definitely going to cook more often--its such a stress reliever and the eating is quite the bonus! 

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

That looks so delicious and colorful!