Today is Mardi Gras {laissez les bon temps rouler!} which means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent season. This year I've decided to give up a biggie--no cursing for 40 effing days! So if you see some posts with cuss words, call me out!
This is going to be tough people. I've never believed in that "people cuss because they don't know how to use their words" bullshit. I cuss because I like it. "You're getting on my nerves" doesn't sound as passionate as "You're getting on my fucking nerves." Sitting in a law school class where your professor either isn't teaching or is giving you "busy work" calls for: "This is that bullshit!" I use cuss words to get my point across.
I also use curse words as terms of endearment. Most females in my life are "bitches" {hell some guys, too.} "Bitch, please" and "Really, bitch?" are 2 of my favorite phrases. I'll have to come up with some alternatives. Does "trick" constitute a curse word? Hmmm. It probably does...this is going to be difficult.
But I'm doing it. No cursing for 40 days. It's the least I can do seeing as to how Jesus was whipped until his flesh was gone, got nailed to a cross...died...and came back. (sigh)
No comments:
Post a Comment