Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dance it out.

The past few weeks have been uber stressful.Without boring you with the details of my law school life, I basically had a graded rough draft of a pretty major assignment due last Friday..plus I had to read for/go to all my other classes and it was a big stressful mess. I've come to the conclusion I don't handle stress very well. Though I consciously went to the gym each morning in hopes of relieving some of the tension, I ended up getting an incredibly painful crick in my neck that WOULD NOT GO AWAY. I'm pretty sure it was stress-related because as soon as I turned the assignment in, I took a nap, and *poof* pain was gone. By the end of the week I had a pretty emotional breakdown. I essentially cried my eyes out until I literally could not produce more tears and then I was manipulated by a MovieGallery worker to sign up for some $15/month membership foolishness that I'll be opting out of now that I'm in my RIGHT mind. {Long story.}

Anyway, in celebration of being done with the first draft of the brief, I went out with my law skewlies Friday night and had some drinks. A lot of drinks. I had like 2 beers. 2 champagne/vodka infusions (heavenly) and you KNOW I was "law school wasted" when I accepted a shot that included among other things Jager. (I don't DO shots.) It was cool, but the hangover...uhh...not so much. Saturday night, I went with KFM and KRC to a house party of some 3Ls that I didn't really know. I didn't really care about the party, it was just something to do...I wore jeans and a sweater w/ my Uggs. I ended up having the BEST TIME. They played some classic hip-hop, some Britney Spears, and even a little disco. And I just danced it out. At one point I went down a soultrain line. *Side-eye* I danced...and danced...and laughed...and laughed. I fistpump'd my LIFE away. I was completely sober and had a BALL!


It reminded me a lot of Grey's Anatomy and how Meredith and Cristina "dance out" their problems. Sometimes that's all you can do is dance it out.

No comments: