I've been going through A LOT lately and suddenly feel the need to cleanse my life--of people, things, attitudes, and poundage. I just need a new energy. The last time I felt this great a need for change I was about 14 and I cut off all my hair--and it was life changing.
I feel the need to be better to myself: mentally, spiritually, and physically. While I've been gym'ing for ~2weeks consistently (at first my body resisted...now my body is IN LOVE the ache that follows a good workout), I've been eating like a pregnant horse which is kind of counter productive. One of my biggest issues is I use food to socialize which isn't always conducive to healthy eating.
I've decided to give Dr. Ian Smith's 50 Million Pound Challenge a try. Its a great interactive website that tracks your weight loss progress, gives you a 30-day meal plan with accompanying shopping list and an online food journal. Basically it takes away a lot of the CHOICE in it all, which with my busy lifestyle I need. While doing this challenge means no more bounding with friends over fattening lunches/dinners, I'm willing to make that sacrifice at this point. I think as I begin to transform my body and more importantly become more conscious about what I'm putting in my mouth, I'll begin to have clarity in other aspects of my life. Here's a look at the 30-day meal plan:
I seriously doubt I'll have time to eat 4 meals a day...just isn't realistic. I'll probably just have 3 meals and the 2 snacks. Also I need to start taking a multivitamin because I'm EXHAUSTED all the time. And exhaustion is NOT conducive to my lifestyle right now. Plus, a sleepy Akili is a bitchy Akili and NO ONE needs that! As a reward for sticking to this program, I've decided to pick out an AMAZING dress to wear to this years Law Prom and plan to look ignorant-sexy in it. As soon as I find said dress, I'll post. :)
I just need something new. I just need to shake things up a bit in my life. And this is my physical contribution. I'll blog about the rest another day {school is currently demanding my attention, imagine that}.
For more information on the 50 Million Pound Challenge check out the website here.

No comments:
Post a Comment