Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me.

Monday marks my 24th Birthday. I've decided to gift (to myself) a few fashion treats. I don't really have a style, though KRC recently said, your style is COMFORTABLE. He assures me my looks are put together but that I look like a woman who thinks comfy = hot {I'm comfortable with this assessment, LOL}. The past few years have been heaven sent as "men's style" is very "in" right now. I'm the queen of jeans/blazer/t-shirt. I feel so chic and sexy in a nice blazer. I swear sometimes I want to RAID Frank's closest. He, as a man, dresses how I want to dress daily! I recently picked up the cutest plaid blazer from the thrift store and I think I'm rocking it on my birthday (exciiiiiiiiited!).

Anyway, because money is tight and my body fluctuates sizes I try to buy basic pieces that can be belted and can be worn spring through winter. I also look for pieces that depending on the shoes/make up could be a school look or a bar look. So we're basically talking about basics--tee's, tunics', dresses, blazers, etc. I'm a layers kind of chick. This summer I'll be wearing mini's with thin jackets or minis and cotton vests with a pump. Simple. Easy. I've given myself a $100 limit (clearly I'll be shopping the clearance sections) but here are some items I'm think would make perfect birthday presents...

 
  
  
 


I die for these black faux-denim "jeggings" from Dorothy Perkins. Denim Leggings are essential to my going out look. So those will DEFINITELY be ordered. Also, I an "all-black-everything" kind of girl, so that floral dress is a huge stretch for me. But I'm inching toward the quarter-century mark. I need to attempt to broaden my horizon. You can tell I'm "maturing". I'm actually getting excited about clothes...haha.

No comments: