Saturday, February 13, 2010
12 days. No Water.
We Are The World-25 is an updated version of We Are The World written by Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson. Proceeds from the single benefit the Haitian relief effort. I have to say, I really love this song. I love the original and I strongly like this updated version. In all honestly, I could have done without the "rap break" and T-Pain's "soulful" autotuning but all-in-all I believe the original message is quite intact. Stand out soloists for me were Pink, Celine Dion, and Jennifer Hudson. I've always been a Pink fan from afar, but her parts in this remake just sound so sincere and from the heart. She's got an amazing voice, too. Also, when Kanye says: "12 days. No Water. Where's your will to live?" It puts it all into perspective for me.
I've tried to do as much as I can to help contribute financially to the Haitian relief effort. I text'd the Red Cross. I went to a Haiti Relief event sponsored by the Law School SBA and now I've downloaded We Are the World-25. Its quite humbling to think one minute you're living your life (in one of the world's poorest nations) and in an instant the ground shakes, opens up and changes your reality FOREVER. I just hope that 6 weeks, 6 months, and 6 years from now we don't forget what happened to the people of Haiti and we make a commitment to offer them our prayers, love, and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment