Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introducing The Script...

Generally, I am a pop-culture lover but music is probably my biggest passion. My love of music is not limited by genre..if its good, if it touches me, I'm hooked. My latest musical find is The Script a pop/rock band from Ireland. The band describes their sound as Celtic-Soul and I think its aptly titled. They remind me of a mash between a hip-hop groove + Coldplay and I love the lyrics. They're just such a good band.

The first song that caught my attention was "The Man Who Can't Be Moved". I first saw the video on VH1's Top 20 Countdown [The Script is a "You Oughta Know" artist]. I loved everything about it. As the lead singer crooned, "I'm not broke just a brokenhearted man..." I was hooked! I immediately downloaded their self-titled debut and I listen to it probably once a day.

Listen to "Breakeven", another great track from the album--enjoy...

No comments: