So I went to Washington, D.C. with my line sisters. I had a really good time although I felt guilty the entire time because I could've gotten a lot of work done over the 3-day holiday. But oh well. It was really fun in D.C., and really nice to get away from Tuscaloosa for a few days. I thought I'd share some of the trip highlights—
- Apparently D.C. restaurants don't split checks—We went to several eateries around the city—some fancy [a really nice sports bar in Georgetown] and some not so fancy [IHOP]. None of the places we ate would split our check. So we had to get out our cell phone calculators and split the check for 6 people! Talk about annoying. Also, while eating one morning at IHOP this man stared at us the entire time! It was extremely creepy. I don't know what he was looking at or who he was looking at but it was annoying and as I said before, creepy. What food services should understand is at the point I have to calculate my own bill because you REFUSE to split my check, I'm less inclined to leave a suitable tip. Just an FYI.
- It's time to grow up! One of my LS's, KOllegiate Scholar is currently in graduate school and teaching in DC. She also recently purchased a townhouse in Maryland which we visited. It made me realize that we are now grown—when did that happen? While sometimes I feel like an "old soul" which I largely attest to my sincere belief I was on Earth in a previous life, there are other times I wish I could put my life on hold and just be. I'm 23 years old and I feel like 25 is just around the corner, and as I constantly tell A, once you're 25 you're really 30. So I'm basically 30 [according to my warped logic]. When did I get so old? I swear, I was 15 LAST YEAR, moving away from home to go to boarding school in Mobile and meeting V in the art studio on campus. Time really flies. On one hand my future excites me but at the same time, I'm terrified. In less than 2 years I'll be out of law school, hopefully working, but I'll have to support myself, pay back student loans, and be on my own without a safety net. That, my friends, is scary sh*t
- I'm so over the "club" scene: Sunday night, the girLS and I went to a club in DC called "The Park". I wore a form-fitting black dress, turquoise heels, and silver hoops. I felt like I looked good and we'd heard the club was "grown and sexy". The problems first started with the weather. It was raining—HARD when we left to go to the club and the rain paired with heavy DC traffic, it was hell getting down there. When we got there, of course there was no where to park so I shelled out $30 for valet [I really didn't want to get wet—we didn't have umbrellas]. We get in line to get into the club and of course Adrienne the idiot left her drivers' license in her other purse! I was pissed. I feared I spent $30 on valet just to get turned away at the door. Luckily, they let me into the club, I just couldn't drink—which was fine with me. The club was nice. It had a grown-up/loungy feel. It had 5 levels and a nice bar. The only problem was that apparently ALL OF DC decided to go to this one club. It was PACKED. Like a Talley party packed. People were bumping and grinding all over the place to LAME music. When the DJ would play a good song, he'd play like the first 8 bars and then switch the track. People were stepping on my feet, bumping into me and someone smelled BAD [we no longer shower and put on deodorant before going to the bar???]. I just felt old and out of place. While the people in the club were my age, it just wasn't my scene. I want to go to a lounge, sit down with my friends, and have some drinks. If some good music is playing in the background great, but I no longer feel the need to be grabbed by random smelly guys and hop around 'til 4AM. It just wasn't my scene. There's a life lesson for ya!
So that was my DC trip in a nutshell. I'll have to get back to the city more often. While I don't think I could live in a city like DC or NYC [I simply like the balls], they're always a ball to visit!

No comments:
Post a Comment