Monday, September 14, 2009

Don't want a boyfriend, but I'll take his blazer...

Fashion has never been my thing. I'm sure I'll rarely blog about it. I see looks that I like on others but I'm rarely up on the trends or fashion forward in ANY way. I wouldn't even know how to describe my "look". I am a jeans and t-shirt girl. Always have been and probably always will be. Lately, I've been making a real effort to age my style a bit--so I've upgraded from a jeans/t-shirt to a jeans/blazer look. My friends call it "my law school swag". So far, I'm pretty happy with it. And it just so happens that blazers are VERY "in" right now, so to a bunch of people I seem "trendy". [Boy, are THEY mistaken!]

Lately I've been on the quest for the perfect boyfriend blazer. I've been wearing a lot of structured jackets [following Stacy + Clinton's "rules" from What Not To Wear] but I think the boyfriend blazer is just too cute and it looks comfortable. But I want one that isn't going to make me look bigger than I really am. I'm basically going to have to get out there and try a bunch on, which I am NOT looking forward to [I hate shopping]. But if I ever find that perfect boyfriend blazer, I'll be sure to post.

No comments: