Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Today is July 4th also known as Independence Day. On this date the American colonist, tired of King George's B.S. (that whole "no taxation without representation"-thing) wrote a rather long F.U. known as the Declaration of Independence which we continue to commemorate to this day. The History geek in me has always loved this holiday and as I get older I love it even more. Food. Fireworks. Alcohol. What more could a girl ask for?

I technically celebrated the 4th yesterday with some of my law school loves, yesterday. Frank made this yummy drink called a "Tequila Sunrise Sangria". It was sooooo good. I am not a huge Tequila drinker but I definitely recommend this drink...its so refreshing and it was perfect for our July 4th festivities.

  • 1 orange
  • 1 lime
  • 1 bottle (about 3 cups) pink Prosecco (or cava, or other sparkling wine)*
  • 2 cups lemon lime soda (or ginger ale)
  • 1 cup tequila
  • 1 Bosc pear, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 pint raspberries

Directions

Slice half the orange into circles then slice in half to form half moons. Squeeze the second half into a large pitcher filled with ice. Do the same with the lime. Add the Prosecco, soda, and tequila to the pitcher and gently combine. Add fruit and serve.

Enjoy. 

No comments: