Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fall Must Haves

Some people shop. Some people dance. Some people sing. Some people party. Me? I drink. I love to drink. I drink to bond with my sibs. I drink with my Mom. I drink with my friends. I drink alone. And while I'm sure you're waiting to here, "Hello, I'm Akili and I'm an alcoholic" I don't have a drinking problem I just recognize its an activity I enjoy. (Ha. Denial much?)

That being said, I'm not a beast like I used to be. Flashback to my college days. Think shots of [insert ANY liquor] chased by cheap beer. Think keg stands. Think PJ + the ill advised fruit. Think that ONE snow day freshman year when me and the roomie did 7 shots of cheap ass tequila. Yeah. I used to be able to throw down.

Then Christmas 2008. I'll spare you the details. But let's just say it resulted in a bout with alcohol poisoning (I lost) and my Mom pondering if she should take me to the ER.Fail.

So, while drinking is still a hobby of mine, I had to put the shots and heavy liquor drinks away...err...for the most part. I am a wine drinker. While a wine hangover is a bitch (nothing a club soda and Subway sandwich can't cure), a wine drunk....err....buzz? Kind of the best thing in life. That being said, these two items are fall MUST HAVES for 3L lifestyle (might don't make it) and the football games:

No comments: