I was inspired by several people in my life...two of the bloggers I read have talked about fitness/weight loss recently [nothing like fitting into your 'skinny' jeans] and my bff V has recently began a quest to get back to her 'playa weight'...and I don't know I've just been inspired. So I'm back on the weight loss plan. I felt SO GOOD when I diet'd from January-May last year. There's something to be said with putting HEALTHY food into your body versus Bojangles on a daily basis [yes...I've eaten a Bojangles chicken biscuit for breakfast everyday for like a week before]. Last semester when I was dieting/workingout I was more focused. My day had more structure so I could fit in work outs and working out dailiy is a great stress reliever.
This semester I've just been really stressed out getting caught up in all the competitive bullsh!t that is law school. I just need an escape. And I really wanna maintain a healthy lifestyle--mentally and physically. So I'm going to do it. I'm committed to working out MWF with a workout buddy and am going to try to add at least 1 to 2 more days of workout(s)--it'll probably end up being Saturday/Sunday mornings. Also, in addition to the work outs I'm back on Weight Watchers. The first time around I paid to do WW--went to meetings the whole 9. I'm no longer paying, just following the program. To help hold me accountable, I'm keeping a food journal of everything I put into the my mouth. The WW points system essentially calculates [based off your weight/lifestyle] how many 'points' [a combo of calories/fat/fiber] you can eat a day. The point system really puts into perspective what's "good" and "bad" for you. Here's a look at what I ate yesterday:
I'm really excited about getting back on the plan. I'm just really trying to put a lot of structure in my life. Gain some control. I'm tired of feeling tired/depressed about my school situation. I've chosen to be an attorney--my life is probably always going to be stressful/competitive. All I can control is how I chose to deal with it. Being around my girLS and V this weekend in NC really gave me a boost. It's time to get it together. Getting me together is just the first step. I'm just really excited to be doing something for ME. I've got a pair of 'skinny' jeans from my freshman year in college. I'll be sure to post when I fit into those...though it'll probably be several months---like six. I'm exciiiiiiited!

1 comment:
first of all, i love the phrase "playa weight. I am gonna use that!.
second, I honestly feel like the smaller jeans snuck up on me, and now that I'm aware, I need to actively make an effort. this was all luck weight or whatever...
is there a website or a program you're using for the food journal?
also, look at the blog "exhotgirl" (google it for the exact name) this is an AMAZING weightloss blog!
love you and I am rooting for you, gorgeous.
Post a Comment