Jojo just released a new mixtape called "Can't Take That Away From Me" and I was pretty excited about it. I'm a Jojo fan from way back...I just think she has an awesome voice and I still listen to both her previous CDs pretty regularly. I was intrigued to hear what a grown up Jojo would sound like.
While she can still definitely sing I wasn't too excited about any of the new material. Out of about 11 tracks I really only *loved* 2. My main problem with the mixtape is it sounds like something a 16 year old girl would write. Jojo is almost 20 years old. Time to grow up, dear. One of the songs I really liked is entitled, "In the Dark" and its definitely a more grown up sound. I hope when she releases a studio album later this year, she goes more with the "In the Dark" sound....
Jojo's mixtape can be downloaded for free HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment