Bama Legal: What kind of law do you want to practice?
Adrienne: I really have a passion for medical malpractice defense (nerd alert!). I think the medicine/cases are fascinating and would like to practice in that area. Ultimately I would like to do med mal consultation/risk management work exclusively.
Bama Legal: Where do you want to practice?
Adrienne: I come from a moving family. We’ve lived all over the South and thus I think I could be content living just about anywhere. That being said North Carolina and Alabama have special places in my heart.
Bama Legal: What do you like the most about UA Law?
Adrienne: I visited several law schools as a perspective student and UA Law was the most welcoming. I truly feel like I’m apart of a community here and that is important to me.
Bama Legal: What is your favorite thing about Tuscaloosa?
Adrienne: I was raised in Tuscaloosa…so its home. I love the familiarity. I love that you can get anywhere in town in 10min. I love that you can hear 100,000 fans screaming ramma jamma from the law school…
Bama Legal: What would you change about UA Law?
Adrienne: I think something I would change about UA law and law school in general is the competitiveness. I am simply not a competitive person and the ranking/competitive nature about law school adds an extra layer of stress to an already stressful situation. Not cool.
Bama Legal: What is the #1 advice you would give 1Ls?
Adrienne: Spring semester 1L year I had a pretty public and nasty breakdown on the dreaded red carpet. Think screaming. Think tears. Think mortifying. The aforementioned breakdown happened because I simply wasn’t taking care of myself. Sounds simple, but exercise, eating 3 somewhat healthy meals a day (5 guys is NOT healthy), prayer/meditation & a laugh every now and then can make a world of difference. Also, during exams…Crystal Light Energy as your only source of hydration is a horrible, no good, VERY BAD idea!
Congrats Adrienne for being our Law Belle of the Week! Thanks for the interview, and good luck with your last year here!

1 comment:
!!! I love this! fab picture of you!
Post a Comment