Both of these recipes come from a Weight Watchers cookbook my Mom gave me years ago. They're both also super simple.
The fish is CATFISH and its dipped in 1 beaten egg and then in seasoned cornmeal. I then sprayed the bottom of the baking ban with non-stick cooking spray and placed the fish on it. I then sprayed the top of the fish with the cooking spray. Bake at 350 until fish is cooked (~7-10min).
The SPINACH is a play on creamed spinach which is typically filled with an obscene amount of calories due to the heavy cream and butter in the normal recipe. This recipe substitutes fat free cottage cheese, low fat milk (Lactaid for me), and grated Parmesan cheese. I took 1-6-oz bag of baby spinach (you find it in the salad section) and put about 2 heaping handfuls of it into a blender. I then added fresh garlic, salt, pepper, 1/4cup cottage cheese, 1/8cup milk into the blender. I blended it up making a spinach puree of sorts. I then cooked the remainder of the spinach in the spinach pure and topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Honestly, it doesn't taste exactly like creamed spinach, but it was good nonetheless--you could really taste the garlic which I loooved.

No comments:
Post a Comment