Ok. So I'm a Christmas FANATIC and I typically get into the Holiday spirit extremely early. Its November 3 and I am OFFICIALLY in the Holiday Spirit. I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE the Holidays. Now, most people like the holidays but usually for the superficial reasons--the presents, the breaks from school. Not me. I love the Holidays because it does something *magical* to the world around me. Everything just gets better.
It starts with the music. I am currently listening to a Holiday Music Channel I created on Pandora and I have not skipped ONE song. Currently, Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" is playing and I'm actually getting SHEmotional [don't judge me]. This is a really stressful time in my life with ~1 month until final exams, but I'm not stressed: I refuse to be. I'm thinking about my family. About egg nog spiked with a little "happiness" :cough: liquor. Thinking about the 24-hour marathon of A Christmas Story on TBS [I'm sorry, its funny when the boy almost shoots his own eye out! haha]. I'm thinking about Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas"--the BEST.CHRISTMAS.SONG.EVER. I included a picture of Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas" because its probably the best Holiday album of all time [wow, I sounded a little Kanye West there, LOL].
Its a time when I feel the greatest love for my friends and family. I revert back to an almost child-like existence. My sisters and I still wait up all night for Santa [except as adults waiting for Santa really entails drinking cocktails and sneaking midnight samples of the Christmas gumbo]. After Christmas, there's Kwanzaa, which my family celebrates as well. Then there's the New Year, where new goals, new promises, and reflections on the past year come.
The Holiday season is just a wonderful time of year where any and everything seems possible. Forgiveness. Love. Renewed friendships. Renewed faith.
I'm officially in the holiday spirit. I hope you can join me!

No comments:
Post a Comment