So in a few weeks I'll be returning to NC for the annual girLS Christmas party. I've mentioned this before--this is the party where I'm supposed to be bringing a date. There's in invite in to PB [against my better judgment] but I'm 99% sure he isn't coming. Date or no date, I wanna look fabulous for this party. We usually have an *epic* time whenever we get together and tons of pictures will be taken. This year we decided the party will be an all-black affair. While I do have a "back-up" dress I could wear, I'm kind of in the mood for something new. Below are the top (3) choices from
Lane Bryant.
1. THE JUMPSUIT: OK. So in reality, I am wary of the "jumpsuit". This is either going to be very flattering or very UNflattering. But I just envisioned myself in this outfit with a junky necklace and some sparkly studs and I got excited. The major CON of this outfit [other than it might not be flattering] is my height. I'm barely 5'3" and my legs are the shortest part of my body. I plan on trying this on in the store, but seriously doubt I'll purchase--my legs will probably do me in on this one...
2. THE SIDE-ARM RUFFLE: I really like this dress. It looks roomy and comfortable. [Which is a plus since I'll be consuming alcohol--no need for supportive undergarments. Supportive undergarments and alcohol BAD COMBO] It also is cute and feminine. Again, I'd definitely have to try this one on because sometimes roomy/comfortable can mean frumpy and bigger than reality. So we'll see...
3. THE PROTOTYPE: So I think I love this one! Its fun. Its flirty. Its pretty. It seems to be universally figure flattering and will allow one of my better assets [my bust] to shine. [Smile]. I'm really looking forward to trying this one on. The only negative is I kind of have a cheaper-version of a similar look. So I don't know if I'm willing to spend the money on this one. If I try it on and fall in love with it though, I'll purchase.
3 comments:
Definitely love the third! It would work on everyone, and it just lovely. I do like the jumpsuit as well, and have also really wanted to try this style.. but I'm less adventurous than most (like S$, for instance with fashion). Either way, you're going to look to die for girl. All these kill it.
Ad!! these are awesome finds. first of all, I DIE over both dresses. 2nd... if you go with the jump suit + cute heels, simple necklace, maybe a belt... bitches would be falling out. I'm def interested to know what you pick, but any of those 3 are winners. I LOVE dress 2, like you should own it as a LBD and dress 3 is the perfect dressy dress.
very nice, Ad....
I say 3
Post a Comment