Thursday, August 5, 2010

Roadtripping

In about 2 weeks I begin my last year of law school. Then about 1 week to 10 days after graduation I begin preparing for the hardest exam of my life: the Bar. I've decided that after I sit for the bar exam at the end of July 2011, I want to take a road trip across a part of the country I've never been to (or at least am less familiar with).

My first thought was 40-West. Wilmington, NC to Bakersfield, CA. 2,689 miles. I've always known that I-40 cut clear across the country with little to no interruptions. I figured once I got to Bakersfield I could pop down to Los Angeles and/or San Diego, too.Also the Grand Canyon is along the way...I really want to see that!


Then my co-workers informed me that 95-N goes from Miami, FL to Maine. Now granted, its a shorter road trip, there are toll roads and technically its not straight 95-N, there are a few interruptions BUT I've heard the Eastern Seaboard in the summer is BEAUTIFUL and I've never been to majority of the cities on the route. Also, if I went to Maine I could perhaps pop over to Canada? Hmmm.


Haven't quite decided the plan. But I really want to do this and I'm hoping my sister Njeri and/or V will accompany me. Roadtripping in 2011. It would be a great opportunity to see more of our beautiful country. Clear my head after a mind-altering bar exam. And spend some QT with two pretty special people in my life.

I'm getting excited! ROADTRIP

No comments: