Sunday, November 14, 2010

Now Playing

Lately I've been listening to a lot of what I call "emo-pop". So much so that my little brother was shocked that I knew who Wiz Khalifa was, let alone that I had Burn After Rolling on the iPod. I'm willing to concede that my emo-pop playlist(s) sort of epitomize Debbie Downer but I swear, its about the only music I can stomach these days. It gives me comfort--to wallow in my stress/worry with artists who apparently understand. And from a practical standpoint, its the only music (besides film scores) I can study to. So here's a look at what I've been listening to for the past few months--

  1. Robert Pattinson, Let Me Sign
  2. Paramore, The Only Exception
  3. Florence + the Machine, Heavy in Your Arms
  4. Anya Marina, Satellite Heart
  5. Sia, Breathe Me
  6. Sara Bareilles, Winter Song
  7. Sara Bareilles, Gravity
  8. Kanye West, Streetlights (really ANYTHING off 808s & Heartbreak)
  9. Bon Iver & St. Vincent, Roslyn
  10. The Civil Wars, Poison & Wine
  11. Jeff Buckley, Hallelujah 
  12. Strays Don't Sleep, For Blue Skies
  13. Cary Brothers, Belong
  14. Mumford & Sons (the ENTIRE album)
  15. Civil Twilight, Quiet in My Town
  16. Kelly Clarkson, Irvine
  17. Ray Lamontagne, Within You
  18. Robyn, Indestructible (Acoustic Version)
  19. Robyn, Hang with Me (Acoustic Version)
  20. Charlotte Martin, The Dance

1 comment:

Sesh said...

girl after my own heart. omg. For as much as I love Wiz and Kudi, I can only listen to the likes of Sia, Oasis, Radiohead, Robyn.... the last 3 weeks of school push my sanity, and the music saves me, I swear.