It has been my contention that guys have "she's happy"-radar. when ever an ex-girlfriend is moving on and happy their "spidey senses" go off and they track her down just in time to muck it up.
Well in line with this theory Heartbreaker popped up in my life. He literally popped up in my apt complex. i swear that boy is like a roach...he just keeps coming back!
So he texts me saying he's at my apt complex. I am immediately annoyed and I panic a bit. How will it be to see him? I mean, I unfriended him on FB lol. So I pick up the phone and call Frank. In typical Frank fashion, he asks the tough question: "do you WANT to see him?"
Damn you, Frank! The truth is I did want to see him because I've talked all this shit about being "free" of him and I wanted to prove to myself once and for all that he couldn't affect me anymore. That it was truly done.
So I go to the apartment. I see him. I feel nothing. No love. No hate. True ambivalence. I stayed ~15 minutes, came home and partied with friends.
I wake up the next morning with a text from him at like 2:30AM--umm--sir. NO. I don't acknowledge it. I end up having breakfast with him and some mutual friends at my place. This is the first time in ~3 years he's been to my place. He hugs me (shemotionally) and apologizes...yet still somehow manages to blame the last argument on me. Note: I don't apologize for ANYTHING. He asks if "we're cool". He says he won't let me go until I say we're cool. I give him a look and say "we're cool". Anything to get him off of me.
He tells me he has plans to marry his latest girlfriend. He says he's going to propose in July. I bite my tongue to keep from laughing. He says he's changed and matured a lot. I "kanye shrug" and continue to scramble the eggs. He asks me if I think he'll be a good husband. I check on the biscuits in the oven. He doesn't ask me anything about my personal life. I don't volunteer anything.
Heartbreaker hasn't changed. Not really. He still lives in his own little world. I have changed my reaction to him though. I just don't care anymore. Dude, we're not even FB friends! Haha. I don't have his number saved in my phone. We'll probably always be connected--we have too many mutual friends. And I'm glad for their sake, we can co-exist in the same social situations. I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just beyond the situation. Without question the days of HB hurting me are done.
It's a new feeling. I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment